I am looking for a college offering ECE/CD courses
The following is a list of colleges with coursework and degrees in Early Childhood Education and Child Development in Santa Clara County. Scroll below the list to view the colleges on an interactive map.
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014
1070 Innovation Way
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
5055 Santa Teresa Blvd
Gilroy, CA 95020
3000 Mission College Blvd. MS/6
Santa Clara, CA 95054
2100 Moorpark Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0075
14000 Fruitvale Avenue
Saratoga, CA 95070
1245 S Winchester Blvd
San Jose, CA 95128
31 Tisch Way, 100 Plaza East
San Jose, CA 95128-2541
How do I find what is required for my ECE/CD degree?
The system in each college can be slightly different. The following strategies may be of use at any college.
- Visit your college’s CD/ECE website and view your course catalog.
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor at your college.
- Ask a Child Development instructor or Chair of the department.
I need to apply for, renew or upgrade my permit
CALIFORNIA CHILD DEVELOPMENT PERMIT
To learn more about the different levels of the child development permit and the requirements for each, refer to the permit matrix:
PERMIT FUNDS PROJECT: When funding is available, the Child Development Training Consortium will pay the application fee for the following permits, if the applicant is eligible:
- First Time Permits: Fingerprinting fees for this level may also be reimbursed for eligible applicants.
- Permit Upgrades: Teacher and lower levels are eligible for stipend. Valid and expired permits are eligible.
- Renewals: Teacher and lower levels are eligible for stipend. Valid and expired permits are eligible.
- Online Renewals: Teacher level may be renewed at www.ctc.ca.gov. Applicant will need to pay the fees by debit or credit card and use the Online Renewal application to request reimbursement from CDTC for the $100 renewal fee.
APPLY and RENEW CHILD DEVELOPMENT PERMITS
The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing CTC issues Child Development Permits for the State of California.
- Renew online: ONLY Teacher level and above may renew online
- The Assistant and Associate Teacher Permits must be renewed via paper application.
To find out who is qualified to serve as a Professional Growth Advisor, please see page 5 of the Professional Growth Manual.
What are the three core courses?
For the Child Development Permit Matrix and most child development degrees, three core courses are required:
- Child Development
- Child Family and Community
The California Curriculum Alignment Project (CAP) identified a lower division program of study that includes 8 courses, including the three core courses.