I am looking for a college offering ECE/CD courses
The following is a list of colleges with coursework and degrees in Early Childhood Education and Child Development in Santa Clara County. Scroll below the list to view the colleges on an interactive map.
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014
1070 Innovation Way
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
5055 Santa Teresa Blvd
Gilroy, CA 95020
3000 Mission College Blvd. MS/6
Santa Clara, CA 95054
2100 Moorpark Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0075
14000 Fruitvale Avenue
Saratoga, CA 95070
1245 S Winchester Blvd
San Jose, CA 95128
31 Tisch Way, 100 Plaza East
San Jose, CA 95128-2541
How do I find what is required for my ECE/CD degree?
The system in each college can be slightly different. The following strategies may be of use at any college.
- Visit your college’s CD/ECE website and view your course catalog.
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor at your college.
- Ask a Child Development instructor or Chair of the department.
For the Child Development Permit Matrix and most child development degrees, three core courses are required:
- Child Development
- Child Family and Community
The California Curriculum Alignment Project (CAP) identified a lower division program of study that includes 8 courses, including the three core courses.
PERMIT MATRIX in English and Spanish
The matrix shows different levels of the child development permit and the requirements for each.
How do I apply, renew or upgrade my permit?
- Find out if you qualify to have your permit fees paid for: Visit the Child Development Training Consortium website: https://www.
- If you do not qualify to get your fees paid for by the CDTC you can go directly to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website to get more information on applying for the Child Development Permit. https://www.ctc
How do I find my professional Growth Advisor. This applies to permit renewals only.
To find out who is qualified to serve as a Professional Growth Advisor, please see page 5 of the Professional Growth Manual.