Important! If you are completing a training through FIRST 5 or SJPL, please continue to work with your respective organization.
This is a list of approved, self-paced trainings for those who chose to complete 21 hours independently for the Training Option.
If you wish to have a training approved, please complete this form. Expand the list below to find a complete list of the most popular links completed by other early educators.
FREE Online Trainings: Most Popular Links
Not sure where to start? Click on a topic area below that you’re interested in and complete the trainings listed.
FREE online trainings by topic: Family Engagement and Partnerships
FREE online trainings by topic: Health and Safety
FREE online webinars by topic: Social & Emotional Development
FREE online trainings by topic: Assessment tools: DRDP and ASQ
Do you like attending trainings with other people? You can sign up for FREE, online, live, scheduled trainings. These trainings are held ONLINE at a specific date/time. Click on the click below to see organizations that offer FREE online, scheduled trainings.
FREE online, live, scheduled trainings
Below is an entire list of approved training organizations for the Quality Matters Stipend Program. Please check with each organization to learn about trainings offered in your area. Be sure to find out how many hours are offered for each training. Not every training on this list is currently available.
Entire List of Approved Training Organizations for the Quality Matters Stipend Program
To earn a stipend for the Training option, you must:
- Complete 21 hours of approved trainings between July 1, 2022 and June 1, 2023.
- Upload your certificates into your CA Registry Account at www.caregistry.org Please allow 6-8 weeks for them to verify. We will transfer those verified hours into our system monthly starting in January. Important! You do not have to do this step if you enroll using the registration link from the CA Registry as it is automatic.
Note that college coursework that does not meet the coursework option may be used to satisfy the 21-hour requirement. Hours are calculated using the following conversion: 1 semester unit = 15 hours; 1 quarter unit = 10 hours.
Professional Development that satisfies the 21-hour PD requirement should:
- Offer education and training that is beyond a teacher or director’s job requirements.
- Enhance the teacher’s direct work in supporting children’s cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development, and/or enhance the director’s skill in supervision, management, and administration.
- Enhance teachers’ and directors’ understanding of QRIS.
- Be conducted through college coursework or by an individual certified in the tool or subject in which he or she is offering training. Hours spent in training activities should be documented through certificates issued by the trainer or training organization.